Wednesday, 3 June 2009

swings roundabouts and where the ideas come from

So we got turned down today ..
It's the danger always of going into a competitive process- The Apprentice- "thank you for the opportunity Suralan".
The headline on our proposal was that it was not innovative enough
Hmm. That's interesting isn't it- we feel innovative
Not like we're treading water artistically
I think. It's not a question I ask myself when I have an idea for a project
Is that a new idea? Does it push back frontiers? Does it raise the bar?

So that makes me think - should we get out and look at other arts stuff more?
Gill would pay a lot of attention to now- the news, the web, early evening TV, what people talk about, write and think about now and what was happening in her life and the work was a rooted response to all that was around her. Question what is around us. Challenge the received wisdom. Push and shove.
I'm learning, maybe. Not enough pushing.
I need thinking time and space.
Less desk more research station.

No comments:

Post a Comment