Sunday, 28 June 2009

Off down reminiscence alley

I've been watching Glasto 09.... and trying to piece together some history.
OK, in 1971, Steve and Hilary went to Glastonbury, by hitching and eventually a bus!, and I remember seeing David Bowie, Fairport Convention and Melanie, and getting sunburnt.....
Next time - Beavers and The Mrs in 1987...and my diary the day before it says, "go and collect the minibus, well buy the minibus that came to be known as 'Felton Eccles' after the name of the village that the rugby team (previous owners)....and was this the time, we were stewards in the acoustic tent , as the Brides, for Billy Bragg?
But we certainly saw Van Morrison... and doing a little research tells me that The Woodentops were there! wow! that means Benny Staples( Lynnes partner) how wierd...he gets in the B arts story a little later.
And again in 1989, this time, Susan, Jez, Lynne, Gill - doing what we called 'streetwork' in my diary, but I know was - A to Z, The Mrs, and The Screaming Barbaras...... who did you see? And what was I doing? a conference in York called 'Articulate Fabric'.
Did we go any other times.... and when did we go to the Childrens Festival that Arabella Churchill organised?

No comments:

Post a Comment